Continuing to draw from the gap, need, or opportunity for improvement identified in the leadership interview, complete Part 2 of the Project Charter Template begun in Unit 5.
The following instructions correspond to the assignment scoring guide criteria. Part 2 of the project charter should:
- Summarize the proposed project.
- Describe who, what, when, and where in a concise manner.
- Include the estimated project duration and budget if applicable.
- Align the project purpose with at least one strategic priority identified in the leadership interview, including rationale for change.
- Justify the business case for the project.
- Speculate as to the impact on people, processes, or systems.
- Explain the objective evidence to support the need for the proposed project.
- Provide contextual information identified during the leadership interview.
- Include available local, regional, and national data as empirical evidence of the need for change and cite sources appropriately in APA format.
- Justify choice of three SMART objectives related to the proposed project.
- Summarize what the project will and will not address (project scope).
- Summarize the project deliverables, including milestones.
- Identify the high-level “products” to be created, such as an improved process, employee manual, or formal policy.
- Include a timetable with daily, weekly, and monthly milestones.
- Convey purpose, in an appropriate tone and style, incorporating supporting evidence and adhering to organizational, professional, and scholarly writing standards.
Example assignment: You may use the assignment example, linked in the Resources, to give you an idea of what a Proficient or higher rating on the scoring guide would look like.
- Written communication: Write clearly, accurately, and professionally, incorporating sources appropriately.
- Length of paper: Complete all fields of Project Charter Template Part 2. Be concise while making sure to include all required information.
- Resources: Include sources where appropriate within the template. Add your references to the references page you began for your previous assignment.
- APA format: Cite your sources using current APA format.
- Font and font size: Times Roman, 12 points.