Deliverable length: 5–8 PowerPoint
Presentation slides with speaker notes (excluding the title and
reference slide); including detailed speaker notes of 200–250 words speaker notes for each slide
As the new HR manager of a jewelry company, you have put together
some preliminary reports for the CEO. One of the reports you compiled
focuses on employee turnover. The jewelry company is an organization
with aggressive expansion goals. In the last 2 years, the company has
continually hired new employees, yet it has not achieved the staffing
levels it desired. The company knew that some employees had left the
organization, but turnover rates have not been formally tracked.
After your preliminary fact-finding, you were surprised to discover
that the turnover rate for the past year was 38%. You know the CEO will
not be pleased with this turnover rate, and you have made the decision
to prepare yourself more before presenting the report to the CEO.
Turnover presents a significant cost for an organization, so you
recognize that this will be an opportunity for you to demonstrate how
you can partner with the executive team to turn this situation around
and help the company be more competitive. Prepare a short presentation
for the CEO on the situation and possible reasons as to why employees
are leaving at such a high rate.
As you are preparing your presentation, consider the following:
- In detail, discuss several of the reasons why employees tend to leave organizations.
- You plan to present the financial impact to the CEO to get a
real sense of the significance of the situation. What factors will you
consider in preparing this financial estimate? For this assignment, you
are not required to determine the actual dollar figure, but instead, you
are to consider what would contribute to the cost of turnover.
- Being proactive, what measures can be taken to assess the morale of current employees, and how likely they are to leave or stay?
- What process do you recommend for partnering with the management team to reduce turnover in the upcoming years?
- As you consider your role, how will you position this to the CEO
to demonstrate the value you can bring to addressing this problem?