Skip to content
- Describe two or more instances of miscommunication in the A Failure to Communicate https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Ox5LhIJSBE&ab_channel=TylerLegrand
- Describe two of the six basic principles of effective interpersonal communication, utilizing Bevan (Section 1.4)
- Here are the principles of competent communication: taking responsibility for your behavior, trying to achieve shared meaning, acknowledging multiple views, respecting others and yourself, listening and evaluating the message before responding, and learning and practicing your communication skills.
- For further elaboration of these principles, watch one or more of the videos in the Resources box in the top-right corner of this assignment prompt.
- Explain how the characters in the video follow or do not follow the two principles identified, utilizing Bevan.
- Explain one or more form(s) of noise from Bevan (Section 1.2) and how it caused the miscommunication in the video, utilizing Bevan.
- These include physical, physiological, psychological, and semantic noise.
- Discuss how this noise can be overcome, based on advice from Bevan.